AC repair Conroe Texas
Ac repair Conroe Texas will help keep you cool in summer, and what could be better in southeast Texas heat than an efficient air conditioner? There are common air conditioning problems that require ac repair in Conroe Texas. The good news is that there are several warning signs that can help you avoid going without ac, since you can often fix small ac problems before they lead to large, expensive problems.
Common AC Problems
In most cases, a cooling and heating system will give warning signs before a complete system failure occurs. The following are some examples:
- You might hear a wailing type of noise, and it is an indication that you need ac repair in Conroe Texas. The noise may be the bearings in the fan motor. If this occurs, the system should immediately be turned off and the motor shaft pulled, to prevent further damage.
- One of the more frequent issues homeowners call us about is frozen coils. Coolant and air is unable to flow freely, when the coils freeze up. If you replace your filters monthly and ensure that the outside unit is free of debris such as grass and weeds, you can help prevent the coils from freezing.
- A leak is one of the reasons homeowners often call us for ac repair Conroe Texas. A leak that is not fixed can cause structural damage and other problems.
Tips for Keeping a Cool Home
We are all about helping Texans stay cool in summer. The following are some additional cooling tips:
- Landscape your home in a way that provides shade to your home.
- When you replace your roof, use light-colored material that reflects the heat.
- Consider using a radiant barrier to insulate your home. In addition, ensure that your home is insulated to at least recommended levels.
- On hot days, close all exterior doors and windows.
- Hang shades designed to block out direct sunlight and prevent outdoor heat from coming inside your home.
- Over the shades, install window treatments, for an additional barrier against the heat.
- Avoid daytime activities that generate heat, such as running a clothes dryer, a dishwasher, or a hair dryer.
- On hot days, use the microwave or stove top instead of the oven.
- Have your air conditioning system tuned-up, as recommended.
- If you have an old ac system, consider replacing it with a more efficient unit.
Contact our professional technicians today for ac repair Conroe Texas.