Spring TX ac service
Spring TX ac service can hardly get to homeowners fast enough in the heat of the summer in Texas. Due to the increased demand on an air conditioner on grueling hot days, it is not unusual for something to go wrong. It helps to keep an AC well-maintained, but even that doesn’t always prevent problems. The demand for spring TX ac service is usually very high in summer, and there may be some waiting time before the unit is up and running again. In the meantime, it’s important to stay cool; and the following are some helpful tips.
Stay Cool With No AC
- The sunlight can turn your home into a hothouse. There are several ways to prevent the direct sunlight from having the hothouse effect in your home. Draw the shades. Better yet, install reflective window film. There are darkening curtains that you can get which also serve to keep out the heat. Don’t get overheated doing it, but if more heat is getting in because of a need for better insulation, add more caulking, while you wait for spring TX ac service.
- Use CFL or LED light bulbs while suffering through the heat. Avoid using incandescent lights because they produce heat, in addition to using more energy.
- Stay hydrated with water. The icier the water, the better. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink. In the heat, lots of water is needed. If you begin sweating profusely, eat something as well as drinking water or drink a beverage designed to replace electrolytes.
- Until the spring TX ac service gets the air conditioner running, place towels soaked in cool water on your head, neck, forehead, and wrists, if the heat really gets unbearable. It can also help to soak your feet in cool water or take a cool shower.
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing, as another tactic for beating the heat.
- Be sure your ceiling fans are running counter-clockwise, which means the heat will be drawn up toward the ceiling, rather than pushed into the room, as in winter.
- If your wait involves sleeping without AC, buy a buckwheat pillow, which can help keep you cool and comfortable at night, unlike conventional pillows, that hold your body heat.
- Put ice in some form in front of a fan and let it blow you on you; this is like creating a homemade AC.
Contact us for reliable, prompt spring TX ac service.